Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printing worked fine between the HP Laptop (17-x116dx) and the printer prior to installing a SonicWall firewall. Everything on the firewall is open and allowed as it pertains to the wireless network. However now when I try to print anything graphics intensive only the first 1/4 to 1/3 of the page prints. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Remove the Sonic Firewall.  Windows firewall works just fine.  If not, contact Sonic company.

HP Recommended

Hellow Hilltechgeek,

I use Webroot Secureanywhere (Ver 9) and do not get viruses or malware (that I know of).  It comes as part of Geek Squad, which I've used a few times for tech glitches.   Good luck.

I am not an HP employee. 

HP Recommended

Windows firewall does not work fine, especially for larger organizations.  A physical appliance, such as the SonicWall, is necessary in this day and age, for increased traffic control.  The fact that you would say "remove the SonicWall firewall" is ludacris.  HP should be able to function with other firewall manufacturers besides Windows.

Perhaps the proper reply, from an "HP Expert", would be a solution to get the HP print module to work with SonicWall.  A little effort would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

If the printer will work OK for the first 1/3 of a graphics page the firewall is not blocking communication, but it may be introducing a timeout or timing delay causing issues.  I would suggest contacting Sonic support.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

That is a helpful reply.  Thank you Bob.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.