Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7410 All-in-one Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a HP Officejet 7410 All-in-one Printer. I just installed a new cartridge and tried to print, but the paper comes out blank. I can make a copy without any problem. There is no Error message. I did not change anything and I was able to print fine before this new Cartridge. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Smile7

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the area around the cartridge nozzles

1. Gather cleaning supplies:
    • Clean distilled, filtered, or bottled water. Tap water may contain contaminants which could damage the cartridge.

• Clean cotton swabs or any soft, lint-free material that will not stick to the cartridges (coffee filters work well).

• Sheets of paper or paper towel to rest the cartridges on during cleaning.

2. Remove one of the cartridges and place it on a piece of paper with the nozzle plate facing up.

3. Examine the area around the nozzle plate. If you see any debris or ink buildup, clean the cartridge as follows:

NOTE: 

If you do not see debris or ink buildup on the print cartridge, do not clean it.

1. Lightly moisten the lint-free cleaning material with clean water.

2. Use the swab to wipe clean the faces and edges around the nozzle plate. The area to be cleaned is cross-hatched in the picture below. Replace the cleaning material if it gets dirty.

CAUTION: 

Do not touch either the nozzle place (in the center of the cross-hatched area below), or the copper-colored contacts. Touching these parts can cause clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.

Figure : Cleaning the cartridge

Clean in the cross-hatched area only
      2. Do NOT touch the nozzle plate

3. Do NOT touch the copper-colored contacts

4. Repeat the steps above for the other cartridge. Make sure to examine both cartridges, even if the streaks are only one color (streaks in black ink are commonly caused by fibers and debris stuck to the bottom of the tri-color print cartridge). Only clean the cartridge if you see debris or buildup, however. If you do clean the other cartridge, use fresh cleaning material.

5. Either let the cartridge sit for five minutes or use a new swab to dry the cleaned areas before you reinsert the cartridges.

Run the clean print cartridges utility

1. Press the Setup button.

2. Use the arrow keys to select Tools and then press the OK button.

3. Select Clean Print Cartridge and then press OK. The device prints a test page.

4. Examine the test page. If the print quality of the page is good, stop here. If the print quality is bad, go on to the next step for further cleaning.

5. Open the Printer Toolbox. There are two ways to do this:

• Open HP Director, select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox.

• If the HP Director method does not work, open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel, then right-click your printer icon and choose Properties. Click on Printing Preferences. Click the Services tab, then the Service This Device icon.

6. The Printer Toolbox opens. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Print Cartridges, then follow the on-screen instructions. Up to three levels of cleaning are available. Discard or recycle the page that prints.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.