12-23-2019 02:30 PM
I installed an genuine HP Cyan ink cartridge. It wouldn't go in smoothly, but finally clicked in. Now I get an error message saying printer or ink system failure. I did all the trouble shooting tips, but nothing worked. I don't know how to tell if the ink cartridge is faulty or not, or if it's the slot itself where the cartridge goes into.
12-25-2019 03:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting ink system failure error after installing a new ink cartridge.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If the issue persists, then follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee