1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Installed new ink cartridges on 6830 but they were not full

OfficeJet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using this printer for about two years now, been through "Printhead Problem" for two times, they exchanged it once and replaced only the part once.

My ink cartridges for C, M and Y color were emptied at the same time so I ordered all three from an online shop. I installed them few minutes ago and checked the ink level via the printer's touchscreen. It turns out that they are not quite full. They are almost full, C and Y are closest to full but M is less full.

I wonder why this happens? I never checked the ink level in the past but this surprises me. Did the printer do some kind of calibration or printhead cleaning to get the installed ink ready? (Thus consumed some ink)

I scanned the QR code on the side of ink boxes and verified the hologram stickers and pretty sure they are genuine. The printer also said they are genuine.

Here is the picture of my ink levels. Shot after cartridge installation and nothing printed.

hp ink (Small).jpg

Another weird thing is the installation date. Right now it is April 4th in my country but the printer's web configuration page shows that the cartridge installation date is April 1st ! I checked the time and date of the printer and everything is correct.

If the cartridges have been used before, the printer's screen would show a message that the cartridges have been used on another printer before. I have seen that myself because I kept the old ink before exchanging it in the past as I stated up there.

Please see a screenshot below

hp web.PNG

Anybody knows what happened? Or this is normal? (The cartridges packaging and the plastic seal looked good, nothing weird suspected)

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
15,163 14,989 855 2,158
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Installed new ink cartridges on 6830 but they were not full

Welcome to the HP Forums 😄

@BlackMiracle,

I came across your post about the concerns you have with using your new ink cartridges, and wanted to share my own suggestions. The date being off by a few days is a little strange, but the rest seems normal. Yes when you install the cartridges, they are calibrated and align and clean, which uses a little ink. The levels you see are also "estimated" levels. If there are any print quality issues or error messages, let me know and I will do my best to help.

I hope this helps!

Click the thumbs up below to say 'thanks' & the "Accept as Solution" if the issue has been resolved please and thanks! 😄

All the best,

Contact HP:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation