Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8035
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

About three month ago we purchased a new HP printer: HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 series,        HP837264. I wasn't happy with it from the beginning because it would not allow me to install practically new ink cartridges that I had just installed into the old HP printer we had to replace because the print head was worn out with years of good service. I have always used HP printers and computers and found them to be easy to work with and dependable - until now.

The new printer reported that the cartridges were low of ink. I replaced the color cartridges one by one, replacing the yellow first because it was obviously out of ink. After inserting a new yellow cartridge, I was told that "the indicated cartridges are not communicating correctly with the printer. In this problem persists, replace the cartridges."  So I replaced the red and blue with new cartridges and received the same message. Finally I replaced the big black cartridge  and again received the same message. What can I do? I am sitting here now with 1 empty cartridge (yellow) and 6 partially or slightly used ink cartridges that our new printer has refused to accept. The new printer now sits there with all new cartridges. This is getting expensive, and the printer still will not work because "the indicated cartridges are not communicating correctly with the printer. In this problem persists, replace the cartridges."

What is going on? I am used to replacing a cartridge when it runs out of ink. With this new printer, it seems that HP wants you to replace all the cartridges when one cartridge runs out of ink. That is a sick way to run a business, and if it is true,  I will never again purchase an HP product. If HP has a solution, I would like to hear it. I do feel that HP owes me a refund for the cartridges this printer has wasted.  Also, I might mention that no instructions came with the printer, and the online instructions say nothing about cartridges that  do not communicate correctly with the printer.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MARJ-A

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.