Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP3752 Printer
Microsoft Windows XP

I am trying to enroll a HP3752 inkjet printer in instant ink. When I print the code to register, I get a message saying this code is associated with another account. How can that be? I just registered the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jason1974X, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues enrolling your printer for instant ink. You are getting an error code is associated with another account.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you turned on the web services?

Have you enrolled your printer to instant ink subscription?

Diable and enable web services again to the claim code.

Using cancel button and info button provides 

Depending on Web Services status, Web Services
Reports provide different instructions to help you turn
on Web Services, set up Web Services, or fix connection
issues, and more.

Turn on the web services on your printer.

1. Go to HP Instant Ink and click Sign Up Now to get started.

Signing up on HP Instant Ink

2. Select your printer from the list.

Selecting printer

3. Choose a plan or click Enter pin code/key to enter an enrollment/prepaid key.

• If you purchased an enrollment card or a prepaid card from a participating retailer, click Enter pin code/key and then type the key found under the scratch-off portion of the enrollment or prepaid card.

Make sure you type the code/pin exactly as it displays on the card, or the enrollment cannot complete.

• If you have not purchased an enrollment card, select from the available plans.

Selecting a plan

Entering an enrollment/prepaid key after clicking Enter Key

4. Fill in the information to create an HP Connected account, or if you already have one, click Sign In and then Enroll Another Printer on your account page. An HP Connected account is required for HP Instant Ink.

Creating an HP Connected account

5. Make sure your printer is connected to the Internet. For help, click How do I connect? When the printer is connected, click Continue.

Connecting the printer to the Internet

6. To use HP Instant Ink, Web Services must be turned on. Follow the onscreen instructions for your printer to enable Web Services. If prompted, install any printer firmware updates.

7. After you turn on Web Services, wait for the printer to print an information page containing the printer claim code. After the page prints, click Continue. If the page does not contain a code, click My page doesn't contain a code.

8. Locate the printer claim code on the information sheet.

Example of the printer claim code from the information page.

If the information page lists an email such as abc234vbn3434@hpeprint.com, then the printer claim code is the number and characters before @hpeprint.com. For example, abc234vbn3434 would be the printer claim code.

Deskjet 3630 series: If the page does not contain an email address or printer claim code, follow the instructions on the page to enable Web Services. After you enable Web Services, another page prints with the email address and printer claim code.

9. Type the printer claim code exactly as it is displays on the information page, and then click Apply. If you have trouble with this step, click the 'Having trouble locating or entering your claim code?' link.

Typing the printer claim code

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in instant ink. Click Here

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @jason1974X, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues enrolling your printer for instant ink. You are getting an error code is associated with another account.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you turned on the web services?

Have you enrolled your printer to instant ink subscription?

Diable and enable web services again to the claim code.

Using cancel button and info button provides 

Depending on Web Services status, Web Services
Reports provide different instructions to help you turn
on Web Services, set up Web Services, or fix connection
issues, and more.

Turn on the web services on your printer.

1. Go to HP Instant Ink and click Sign Up Now to get started.

Signing up on HP Instant Ink

2. Select your printer from the list.

Selecting printer

3. Choose a plan or click Enter pin code/key to enter an enrollment/prepaid key.

• If you purchased an enrollment card or a prepaid card from a participating retailer, click Enter pin code/key and then type the key found under the scratch-off portion of the enrollment or prepaid card.

Make sure you type the code/pin exactly as it displays on the card, or the enrollment cannot complete.

• If you have not purchased an enrollment card, select from the available plans.

Selecting a plan

Entering an enrollment/prepaid key after clicking Enter Key

4. Fill in the information to create an HP Connected account, or if you already have one, click Sign In and then Enroll Another Printer on your account page. An HP Connected account is required for HP Instant Ink.

Creating an HP Connected account

5. Make sure your printer is connected to the Internet. For help, click How do I connect? When the printer is connected, click Continue.

Connecting the printer to the Internet

6. To use HP Instant Ink, Web Services must be turned on. Follow the onscreen instructions for your printer to enable Web Services. If prompted, install any printer firmware updates.

7. After you turn on Web Services, wait for the printer to print an information page containing the printer claim code. After the page prints, click Continue. If the page does not contain a code, click My page doesn't contain a code.

8. Locate the printer claim code on the information sheet.

Example of the printer claim code from the information page.

If the information page lists an email such as abc234vbn3434@hpeprint.com, then the printer claim code is the number and characters before @hpeprint.com. For example, abc234vbn3434 would be the printer claim code.

Deskjet 3630 series: If the page does not contain an email address or printer claim code, follow the instructions on the page to enable Web Services. After you enable Web Services, another page prints with the email address and printer claim code.

9. Type the printer claim code exactly as it is displays on the information page, and then click Apply. If you have trouble with this step, click the 'Having trouble locating or entering your claim code?' link.

Typing the printer claim code

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in instant ink. Click Here

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.