Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, i set-up my printer and signed up to Instant Ink. However, it seems that I am not on the the free trial that was advertised prior to purchase. Please advise.

Also, although I can see my printer connected and the status green/online, there's a warning on the Instant Ink web page telling me that no ink cartridges are installed. But the printer has successfully printed the alignment and welcome pages and I have also successfully printed one document already.

My sister installed and enrolled her printer last week and is having none of these issues. Please help, thanks!

May
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MGanda1

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that your HP printer is enrolled for the instant ink program and the free trial is not activated as advertised. 

Secondly, there is a warning message that no ink cartridges are installed. However, the printer has successfully printed the alignment and welcome pages and you have also successfully printed one document already. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• What is the exact printer model number. This link will help in finding the model number: https://hp.care/2EPlU6x
  • Are you using the cartridges that came with the printer or are these the instant ink cartridges that were shipped by HP after you enrolled for the instant ink program?

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, I have sent you a private message asking you for your instant ink account details. This information will help me to assist you further.

Please feel free to reply.

Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MGanda1

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Forums.

I understand that your HP printer is enrolled for the instant ink program and the free trial is not activated as advertised. 

Secondly, there is a warning message that no ink cartridges are installed. However, the printer has successfully printed the alignment and welcome pages and you have also successfully printed one document already. Not to worry, I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• What is the exact printer model number. This link will help in finding the model number: https://hp.care/2EPlU6x
  • Are you using the cartridges that came with the printer or are these the instant ink cartridges that were shipped by HP after you enrolled for the instant ink program?

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, I have sent you a private message asking you for your instant ink account details. This information will help me to assist you further.

Please feel free to reply.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for the prompt response and apologies for the belated reply. As a nurse, I've been working the graveyard shift for the past few weeks so this slipped my mind.

To answer your questions, the model number is: 8710 (HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-in-One Printer). And yes, I am using the ink cartridges that came in the box with the printer.

I received the instant ink cartridges just last week but have not had the chance to install them due to work and family commitments.

I will reply to you private message with the requested information. Thanks again, May.
HP Recommended
I believe it was the usual 3 months free trial that was advertised.

Many thanks to @MKazi and @MrRobot for their help and prompt replies in trying to sort this out!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.