Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought and begun setting up my new printer, replacing a similar model.  My question relates to the Instant Ink trial.

The printer comes with a free 3-month trial of Instant Ink, and so far, I am undecided whether to take this up as I can't find an answer to my query.

Could someone tell me if the free period (3 months in my case) is the first 3 months of use?  I have seen such offers where the offer really only becomes applicable, provided on sticks with the contract for a certain period.  This is the critical question, in terms of whether I decide to sign up or not.

Should I decide to sign up, I have a few documents waiting to be printed (due to the failure of the outgoing printer), so 

may have a quite a lot of pages to print in the first month, but then it will taper off to my more regular usage patterns.

Should I sign up, then decide, at some future time, to stop the Instant Ink service, would I be able to sign up again a few months on, or it is a once only sign up?

Sorry to be so picky, but it's a talent I have.  :womanhappy:

Thanks in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @MiracleMaud,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, my name is Andrea and I will be happy to help you.

The 3 free month period is for the first 3 months of the program for printing up to 300 pages. Additional pages over the 300 are not free under the trial period they are $1.00 for an additional block of 25 more pages. You can move up and down within the printing plans as your printing needs change for you and of course you can cancel at anytime without hassle or penalties of any kind. There is no contract with Instant Ink, so you don't have to stay active on the program for a certain amount of time before you can cancel if you so choose.

I will include a link to the FAQ's for the program they cover the program and how it works, but of course if you have any questions that are not covered under those you are more then welcome to reach out to us here and we will be happy to help. 

http://m.hp.com/us/en/ads/instant-ink/faqs.html  - FAQs

And our Instant Ink Knowledgebase can be found here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/tag/Instant%20Ink/tg-p/board-id/printers-knowledge-base

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Instant-Ink-Free-Trial/ta-p/7037785

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Andrea
-HP Instant Ink Support

A-Roxy
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding Andrea.

Whilst you reply mentioning USD as the currency, I am in UK.  Is the Instant Ink trial a global initiative, with matching terms and conditions across the world, with only the subscription costs and currencies differing?

Am I correct in thinking then that I could sign up for the uppermost level of instant ink, for the 3 months, whilst I assess my monthly usage, the down grade it, or cancel at the end of the 3-month period?

Due to my old printer failing unexpectedly, I have a bit of a backlog of printing, so this initial month will not necessarily reflect my usual usage.

I'm obviously just trying to assess how it will work for me, in my circumstances.

Thank you.  I look forward to hearing from you further.

HP Recommended

@MiracleMaud

Yes you are correct that while you sign up for the largest plan you can downgrade or cancel at anytime including at the end of the 3 month free trial period if you feel the program is not for you.

I do apologize yes the first link I sent was for US dollars. I will include a link for the UK program, the terms and conditions are the same globally just the price is different for the plans.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en

Thanks,

Andrea
-HP Instant Ink Support

A-Roxy
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Many thanks.

Provided I can try it, knowing there is no possibility of a financial penalty if I decide at 3 months it simply iesn't for me, I'll sign up I think.

HP Recommended

@MiracleMaud

Great, if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us anytime.

Thanks,

Andrea
-HP Instant Ink Support

A-Roxy
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.