Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just installed the black ink cartridge that was sent to me on 1 September 2017 when I signed up for instant ink.  It is not working.  When I select black copies I get a blank page.  Black is missing from olour copies.  How do I replace the cartridge?

The pages I printed with the faulty cartridge have been charged to my account too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have received the new black ink cartridge and printing is now as expected.  Issue resolved, thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@tarabuses,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you have a concern regarding your Instant Ink cartridges. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

I need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you get the ink cartridge.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@tarabuses

(Switching to public post to avoid response delay)

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @Jeet_singh, as the tech is out for the day, That said, I've reviewed your account and the Instant Ink cartridges being used do not have any error as such, if you have any specific issues, please click here to troubleshoot.

That said, as an exception, I should be able to credit those pages back to you, in fact, I've credited 15 pages to you.

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the credit which I have received.

The black cartridge has started to work but not properly.  I sent you pdf copies of the alignment report and print quality report to show the problem.  This was sent as a reply to your email as I couldn't attach the pdf to this reply.

HP Recommended

@tarabuses,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I have gone ahead and placed an order for a set of black ink cartridges through express shipment.

Usually they get delivered in 1 to 2 business days, Just in case if there is any delay in the shipment you can expect them to be delivered in 3 to 6 business days.

I hope this cartridges should do the needful. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than glad to assist you.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my public post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have received the new black ink cartridge and printing is now as expected.  Issue resolved, thanks.

HP Recommended

@tarabuses

Thank you for responding,

I'm glad it's worked out for you!

If you need anything else in the future, feel free to get back to us and we'll be happy to help

And have a good day ahead.

Stay blessed!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.