Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
envy 5540

Purchased the printer and ink cartridge - was then forced to register online and for instant ink to get it working - cancelled instant ink immediately as I had already purchased ink in store.  I printed about 20 pages.  A few days later ink cartridges arrived in the post.  I then get an email with a bill for £5 followed immediately by another telling me that instant ink had been cancelled and the cartridges, which I hadn't ordered, would no longer work. Now I am left with a £5 bill and no ink!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Denmark47,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're unable to use the printer and you canceled your account. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

First, I would like to explain how the offer for Instant Ink works.

When you first get the printer and set it up you're given the option to enroll. If you opt-out the cartridges can be used as normal. If you accept the offer for Instant Ink you will be prompted to enroll. Therefore, you are not forced to enroll unless you chose to enroll on the printer. Once your enrollment is successful the cartridges are converted to Instant Ink and will not work unless you have an active account. 

If you enrolled and then canceled your account you would still receive a bill. We bill you after you use the service

If you canceled your Instant Ink service you have two options:
1. Re-enroll into the program to be able to use the Instant Ink cartridge that you have in your printer. 
2. Consider purchasing regular cartridges from your local retailer. Once your account has been canceled the Instant Ink cartridges will cease to function and you will be required to purchase ink cartridges for future printing.

NOTE: Instant Ink cartridges only work when you have an active subscription.

If you would like to enroll back into the program, please follow the steps within this guide: 
HP Printers - Enrolling in HP Instant Ink: http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03767639

I hope this information helps. 🙂 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.