Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Instant Ink

Which if any of the following count towards your instant ink monthly page count..

Printing a page that suffers a paper jam, thus rendering the print useless

Printing a page that does not print correctly (e.g. a colour ran out mid printing)

Printhead Cleaing (Which prints an unwanted page to show you if things are working or not)

Printhead Alignmeent  (Which prints unwatned pages for the purpose of aligning the printheads correctly)

Cleaning Ink Smears

Printer Status report (Shows firmware, network info etc)

Print Quality report (no idea what it shows, but its an option on the ENVY 4500)

I can see the idea of subscrition being good value for photo prints, but not if I get charged for things that havn't printed properly or for status pages that the printer its self insists on printing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @RipOffBritian,

All of the things you mentioned above would be counted towards the page count.

To ensure the highest-quality prints, the product performs a semi-automatic alignment process each time you install or replace the cartridges. The product prints an alignment page during this alignment process. To complete the process, you must place the alignment page on the scanner glass and scan the page. If you do not scan the alignment page, the product continues to print an alignment page every time that you turn on or turn off the product until you complete the full alignment process.

Refer this article to know more information about page count issue. Click Here

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com”.

Also, Please share few us details through a private message, if you think the above statement didn't answer your query, so I can check the account details and help you with the issue.

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same concern.  My printer keeps on printing with a grinding sound, then saying paper is jammed when it isn't, and printing the same page again (of a double sided print) but not the other side.  I don't see why I should have to be paying for the error of a defective printer that is not even so old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.