Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I went to see ink levels, printer display a message saying checking the printer please wait. Took a long while for the message to go away and it went back to the main home screen. I press the button to check ink levels and it show. What I am puzzled the ink levels are not even half way and when I went to Instant Ink page it say:  

New HP Instant Ink Cartridge(s) Shipped

Your printer told us you needed more ink, so it is on the way!

I recived the Welcome Kit on March 1, 2017 and put the inks in the printer on March 16,2017 On March 20, 2017 it sending me new color and black ink. 

I will include a picture of the ink levels. I thought when the ink level get near half way it send me ink not when it still full. Color is only a tip down and Black is full. 

IMG_6905.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sometimes in the early days of your subscription if you print heavily in one day, and becuase you have yet to establish a regular pattern of printing, the instant ink algorithim may assume that you will continue to print heavily and because ink may take up to 10 days to ship, new ink is shipped just in case you contiue to print heavily.

Rest assured you don't get charged for the extra shipment and that you only pay for pages printed. The additional set of supplies will act as a "pantry" supply.

As you use instant ink over time your printing pattern should become more predictable and future ink shipments should arrive closer to the time when your existing supplies are depleted (Cartridge shipments will alwys error on the side of caution to ensure that you never run out of ink).

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sometimes in the early days of your subscription if you print heavily in one day, and becuase you have yet to establish a regular pattern of printing, the instant ink algorithim may assume that you will continue to print heavily and because ink may take up to 10 days to ship, new ink is shipped just in case you contiue to print heavily.

Rest assured you don't get charged for the extra shipment and that you only pay for pages printed. The additional set of supplies will act as a "pantry" supply.

As you use instant ink over time your printing pattern should become more predictable and future ink shipments should arrive closer to the time when your existing supplies are depleted (Cartridge shipments will alwys error on the side of caution to ensure that you never run out of ink).

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.