Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have cancelled my instant ink and replaced the cartridges with non instant ink cartridges so why is it telling me I’m still going to get charged for using these cartridges as if they are instant ink cartridges... also HP are sending me instant ink cartridges after I’ve cancelled my enrolment which I do not want
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The cartridges that you received after caneclling may have been shipped just before you cancelled.

If you have replaced your instnat ink cartrdiges with non-instant ink cartrdiges, any printing will not be associated with your plan - please be aware that if just instnat ink cartrdige remains, any printing will be associated with your plan.

You will be able to print with your instant ink cartridges until your billing cycle lapses (the last day in teh month that your enrolled.)

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The cartridges that you received after caneclling may have been shipped just before you cancelled.

If you have replaced your instnat ink cartrdiges with non-instant ink cartrdiges, any printing will not be associated with your plan - please be aware that if just instnat ink cartrdige remains, any printing will be associated with your plan.

You will be able to print with your instant ink cartridges until your billing cycle lapses (the last day in teh month that your enrolled.)

"

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply and it does help except the cartridges were sent after I cancelled I’m probably going to ring HP up just so to make sure but apart from that thankyou for the help
HP Recommended

I was down to a few pages left on this month's Instant Ink so I took out the cartridges and replaced them with my old NON instant ink.  On the Status page it says I have Instant Ink cartridges installed?  On my other HP 8630 I do this all the time to avoid going over my plan and it knows when non Instant Ink is in the printer.  Why not with this HP OfficeJet 4650.  I'll print a page of two to see if the count changes on my plan limit. 

HP Recommended

Make sure all of the II cartridges are removed because if one is left, any pages printed will be from the plan. Also make sure that the printer is still connected to the web so it can recognise the change. 

"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.