Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I to purchased a HP ENVY 5542 Printer on 02/23/2018 I installed the printer a couple of days later and set it up by going on to the afore mentioned website and downlowing the soft ware from there, all went well. I also  Purchased two extra ink cartridges (One Black and one Color) just so I would have Extra. I did not know that there was an Instan Ink program at this time. I enrolled in the program and set it up and got the message that ink would be sent in about 10 days. I like Kristy4,, ran out of colour ink in about 3 days the lack was fine so I installed the cartridge that had been Purchased extra with the printer and all was fine except for the messages I got on my instan ink page stating that i had removed an instant ink cartridge and replaced it with a non-instant ink cartrage and that by doing that they would not be able to know when I was about to run out of coloured ink but could tell when the black ink was getting low as long as I didn't change it out with a non instant ink cartridge. Well since my first shipment of ink has arrived and all is well I guess. This is not the first HP Printer that I have Purchased that the included ink Has ran out way before it should have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Blackwolf411

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support and I would love to help, 

however, I need more information to help your cause,

(Also, you could use non-instant ink cartridges even if you are enrolled with the HP Instant Ink account)

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers, hence help me, help you 😉 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Blackwolf411

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

I Understand you are in need of support and I would love to help, 

however, I need more information to help your cause,

(Also, you could use non-instant ink cartridges even if you are enrolled with the HP Instant Ink account)

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage as I've sent out a list of questions and I could provide a better solution once I have the answers, hence help me, help you 😉 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.