12-27-2019 10:18 AM
Just bought this printer for Christmas. setup was smooth, can't see any left over packing or tape anywhere. Have printed nearly 100 perfect pages so far but is is so noisy! If it's normal I can live with it but if I missed something, I'd like to fix it. Thanks for your help in either case.
12-30-2019 03:57 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
No it's not. Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, let's update the firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee