Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 5541
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Im trying to add credit to my balance in instant ink account. HAve added credit card details Ok, but when I try to add to Prepaid balance I keep getting, Enter your PrePAy Key?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Hully2k.

Welcome to the HP Forums.

You cannot 'Prepay' your account.  The prepaid section are for specific prepaid keys. These are not available for purchase, they can come with select printer models, or as part of some HP promotions.

Your best bet if you don't want to provide an active credit card would be to obtain a prepaid credit card, and add that as your credit card on file. 

HP Instant Ink - Updating Your Credit or Debit Card Information

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c04957316/

I hope this explains it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Terry

HP Instant Ink Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Hully2k.

Welcome to the HP Forums.

You cannot 'Prepay' your account.  The prepaid section are for specific prepaid keys. These are not available for purchase, they can come with select printer models, or as part of some HP promotions.

Your best bet if you don't want to provide an active credit card would be to obtain a prepaid credit card, and add that as your credit card on file. 

HP Instant Ink - Updating Your Credit or Debit Card Information

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Instant-Ink-series/5264756/model/5401249/document/c04957316/

I hope this explains it. Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Terry

HP Instant Ink Support

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks Terry. I thought I could top up as I've still got about £5 prepaid left
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.