Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am attempting to print labels using official AVERY P65/38 label printing page but it doesn't produce the result I expect or which I used to get with my previous printer. The first line of labels prints in the right height of the page, however not all the labels in that line are in the correct position from the left border of the label. The following lines seem to be squashed tighter together then required as from the second line to the last they shift so much that the last line is appearing on the one before the last line of stickers. I have so far tried to reinstall the printer driver and firmware but no change. Please advise me on what to do.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Have you tried cleaning the paper feed rollers?

Take a look at step #4 in this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

No, I didn't clean paper feed rollers because including all the messed up label pages I have only printed 40 pages since I bought it. It's less than a month old. I wouldn't think it needed cleaning rollers... it's not the matter of paper feed.  The whole settings for the page are wrong. I have printed the labels several times on label paper and on normal paper. It looks consistently same and consistently wrong.  I need somehow to reset the printer to actually apply the margins and settings as instructed by the word page...

Please could someone help me with that??

Thanks

HP Recommended

Set the printer preferences the same as the Word settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry but I have no idea what you mean... Perhaps you could expand on your suggestion.. which printer preferences to which Word settings? I would have thought that by using downloaded AVERY template, the settings would not need tweaking...

HP Recommended

The settings are not passed from computer to printer.

Have you checked the printer settings?

HP Recommended

Look, I don't dispute you have the knowledge of how to help... but your short, generic messages are not as much help as you might think. I consider myself quite technologically capable and what you say is still not much help.. god forbid you were helping someone like my mum whose technical knowledge is almost non-existent!

Here is a screenshot of my printer setting. I never had to recalibrate anything from Word to print in the way I can see it on the screen and I would have expected for it to "just work"! If you would like to help, please talk me through the steps of changing the settings on my printer so it would print items as displayed.

Sweet_chilli_0-1581246021550.png

Thank you

HP Recommended

Can you send me a scanned image of your output on plan paper?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.