01-22-2020 03:17 PM
I am installing theOfficejet Pro 9010 printer and before I have been able to even insert the ink cartridges - it is saying I have a paper jam. I have followed all of the instructions and the ink carriage does not come to the centre when I open the cover. I cannot manually move it either! Have checked with virtual agent etc. Please help! There isn't even paper in the machine yet..
01-25-2020 05:37 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. It appears like packaging material may be stuck inside the printer. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Perform the steps mentioned in this document.
If the issue persists, try step 1 from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee