Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy 5010 is brand new. I chose a small image from Google to print and copied it into a Word document. The print preview looked perfect however when the print came out the printer had chopped a third of the image off. I tried again with several different images and the same issue occured. I can print fine from a PDF or my phone. I'd be grateful for any suggestions on how to fix this please, thank you 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Emma04, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Cutting and pasting pictures or other information into an MS Word document, e.g. from the internet, can carry internet styles into paragraphs and can chop off pictures while printing.

If the issue occurs only while printing from MS Word documents, this seems like an application-specific issue. 

Check the print settings on MS Word. 

You may check the print driver settings here

Try printing a regular word document and check if that works.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.