12-11-2019 11:10 PM
I just put in new ink cartridges in my Officejet Pro 8610. When I try scanning directly on the printer (not from my computer) a message comes up saying "The printhead appears to be missing". Is it possible the ink cartridges are lemons, or is there another possible reason for the malfunction?
Thanks in advance!
12-14-2019 10:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
Have you tried printing from your MAC and check if the error persists?
This seems like an issue with the printhead of the printer. Let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 2 mentioned in this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee