Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDraper33
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

K550 not connecting with PC. USB port is functional. Device Manager recognizes only one printer

HP OJ Pro k550
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

K550 not connecting with PC. USB port is functional. Device Manager recognizes only one printer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,534 11,502 494 552
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

K550 not connecting with PC. USB port is functional. Device Manager recognizes only one printer

@SDraper33
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any network/router changes?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• HP Printer Setup & Software utility: Search Windows for 'HP', and then click the name of your printer in the results to open HP Printer Assistant. Click Utilities or Tools in the top menu bar, click Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software, and then click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless to launch the utility.

Figure: Convert a USB connected printer to wireless utility in HP Printer Assistant

Convert a USB connected printer to wireless utility in HP Printer Assistant
  • HP Smart app: On the app home screen, look for a Make printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly message at the top of the window. If it displays, click Learn More to start the guided conversion.

NOTE: If the message does not display, use the method to convert the connection through the HP Printer Setup & Software utility.

Figure: Set up the printer wirelessly in HP Smart

Set up a new printer feature in HP Smart

Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Wilc2hrP0 for the YouTube video showing Converting an HP Printer from a USB to a Wireless Connection in Windows | HP Printers | HP

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation