12-29-2019 07:43 PM
Printer error messages; will not print tried installing new printhead still same error message :The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed.
01-01-2020 10:03 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 2 mentioned in this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-15-2020 03:17 PM
I tried everything suggested by HP (except for replacing the printhead) and nothing has worked). The printer has low volume of use. Is it possible to clean the printhead manually since I cannot clean it via HP Print doc ?
01-16-2020 07:30 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. If you have tried the steps mentioned in my previous post and the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please contact our HP Support team for Service Options:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Cleaning the printhead manually is not recommended for this model and it may not help.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
I am an HP Employee