Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C6280 All in One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) and have an HP C6280 conected to my LAN. My NetGear router shows the printer as a connected device on my networ. Windows Control Panel show the printer as ready and set as default. When I try to print, the output spools to the print spooler, but then shows an Error-Printing and nothing prints. HP Solution Center shows the printer as disconnected.

HP Print and Scan Doctor can see the printer, but can't print a test page to it or resolve the problem. Neither can Windows printer troubleshooting. I have manually set the printer IP address and it matches the IP address the driver is using, i.e. 192.168.1.107

The only way I have found to resolve the problem is to completely uninstall and reinstall the printer and all HP software associated with it. And then I have to do it again about every 2-3 days.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

RnR,

Thank you for the suggestions, but I had done all of that already, severl times. It turns out that BitDefender Firewall was interferring with my printre network connection. After manually fixing the printer IP address and establishing a trusted zone for for the printer's IP address, things seem to have settled down. 

Found that solution elsewhere in the HP Forum.

Thanks for yor help

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @SqzBox99,

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! 

I read your post that you are having a connection issue with your HP Photosmart c6280 on Windows 7. And, I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within these guides: 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope these guides help! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

RnR,

Thank you for the suggestions, but I had done all of that already, severl times. It turns out that BitDefender Firewall was interferring with my printre network connection. After manually fixing the printer IP address and establishing a trusted zone for for the printer's IP address, things seem to have settled down. 

Found that solution elsewhere in the HP Forum.

Thanks for yor help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.