Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Cannot print directly from internet page (a page that has printer symbol). Must first save to hard drive and then document/file will print. Have done all Dell (inspiron 15 3500) updates, resets, Windows 10 problem solutions, etc. Plus have done complete HP driver reinstall, MS troubleshooter, and anything related to this issue from HP. Still, PC will not print directly from web. Appreciate any insights or fixes that others may have had in similar problem. Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@IrishGT

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which web browser are you using? Let us know if this happen from just one web browser or all web browsers.

Are you able to print documents from applications like Microsoft Word etc?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty,

Thanks for prompt reply. I am using Brave browser...which had been working just fine. I have tried to print directly from internet with Edge and Firefox as well - same issue. The only variable (pre/post issue) seems to have been doing a Windows 10 upgrade. I have been through all the Dell driver updates, hardware analysis, etc. but no change.

To your second question. yes, I can print from Word/Excel, etc. and anything that I save to my hard drive. I cannot directly print (as I could before), a crossword from NY Times site. If I save it to hard drive, that file I can print.

Thanks for any insights.

Sincerely

IRISH GT

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer. 

Once done, please download and install the software from here: 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty,

I followed your directions. No issues in doing so. However, still have the issue🤔. Anything saved to hard drive prints just fine but cannot get any internet page (including those with printer icon) to print. I have this issue with one of two PCs. One is fine to print directly from internet; the other will not. To the best of my knowledge, HP files are identical on both. Appreciate any possible paths to explore.

Thank you.

Ed

HP Recommended

@IrishGT If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.