Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5255 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet 5255 Printer. The Latch that holds the ink cartridge popped off while changing the cartridge. Nothing on the latch is broken or damaged, Can anyone please provide instructions on how to re-install the latch to secure the ink cartridge?

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

IMG_0754.JPGIMG_0752.JPG

The first photo shows the ink cartridge latch lock that popped off when I opened the latch. The 2nd photo shows the color ink slot without the latch lock attached.  The latch lock will not snap back into the ink holder. Nothing is broken or damaged on the latch lock, it just popped off after I opened the latch to remove the old ink cartridge. If you can find anyone to help me I would be most grateful.  Thank You.

HP Recommended

@paulwayne317, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This is a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called the support team with my case number, details, and broken latch problem. I purchased this printer brand new in August 2019 and it is still under warranty. I cannot believe I am not going to receive a NEW printer to replace this defective printer. The HP support team is going to send me a refurbished printer without a 1 year warranty. HP support will not make any arrangements to pick up the defective printer!!! Also, they want a $ 1.00 collateral charge and charge me the full price of a new printer if not returned in 15 days. I am a senior citizen in Covid quarantine. This HP warranty process in shameful. I pay a lot of money for a new printer, send me a defective printer, and will not replace with a new printer, and want me to do all the work to pack up the printer, have a company to pick up the defective printer. I have purchased many HP products over the years and this is terrible. Why is it I cannot get a NEW printer and have HP pick it up as stated in the warranty???

HP Recommended

@paulwayne317

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My case number is 5048154189. Nothing is happening for 6 days. When will my defective printer be replaced?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.