eeeek234
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Locked out of everything admin and all settings

HP Office Jet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I received this printer donated to a local school.

I had it setup to print but the admin password was locked out and it would not let me reset the network settings.

I attempted a factory reset and now EVERYTHING is locked out.

I cannot click Network Setup>Restore Network Defauts -  it says "This feature has been locked by your administrator or the person who setup your computer"

I cannot turn on Wifi to access the printer administrator page because it says "This feature has been locked by your administrator or the person who setup your computer"

If the printer is attached via USB, I can use HP Print and Scan Doctor to force a test page, but I see no way to reset the settings. Without access to the WiFi, the printer is unusable.

It worked perfectly before it was donated to us so I know it was functioning, but why can't I access anything or reset any admin password? It doesn't even give me the option to enter an admin password.

Please tell me this is reversible, the school will be so devastated if the printer is not working.

1 REPLY 1
3,820 3,730 223 595
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Locked out of everything admin and all settings

@eeeek234

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation