Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5530
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our printer was working wonderfully for a long time.  Now we seem to have an unusual problem.

When we print something, there is a long delay before the printing begins.  Once the printing begins, it happens at the normal speed.  I haven't measured the delay to see if it's consistently the same amount of time.  The delay is measured in minutes.  Often I'll print something and then go do something else until I hear the printer start printing.  During the time that I'm waiting, the printer answers ping packets just fine.  It's responsive to the management tools and access via it's web page (as long as you don't ask it to print something).  This tells me that there isn't a network problem.  T.he network in our house is wireless.  We've tried printing from several different Windows 7 computers and the behavior is the same.

The firmware version on the printer is ORL1CN1547AR.  HP Update says there are no newer drivers available for my system.  I can't find anywhere that my computer will give me the version number of the drivers that are installed.

I have tried power cycling the printer several times.  My laptop gets rebooted daily.

Any idea where to go from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ppeters86,

Thank you for trying the HP Print and Scan Doctor for me! 

What happens if you make a copy from the printer's scanner glass? Do you get the same type of delay? Copying Documents or Photos.

In the meantime, let's try disabling IPv6 on the printer to make sure IPv4 is used by your printer and router on your network.

• If your printer has a control panel with a display, find the IPv6 setting from the Advanced network settings menu, and set it to Off orDisabled.

• If your printer does not have a display, use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to turn off IPv6.

1. From a computer connected to your network, type the IP address for your printer into the URL field of your Internet browser.

NOTE:

If the webpage appears blank, try a different Internet browser.

2. Click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.

3. Select Enable IPv4 only (or similar).

Figure : Example of setting IPv4

Embedded Web Server on Network page with Enable IPv4 only selected
    4. Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

5. Try printing again.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ppeters86,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that you are getting long delays with your HP Envy 5530 when printing with a wireless connection. I am happy to help! 

For now, please try our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and we will see what happens! 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this is helpful! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Ran the Print & Scan doctor yesterday  before I posted.  No change in behavior.

HP Recommended

Hi ppeters86,

Thank you for trying the HP Print and Scan Doctor for me! 

What happens if you make a copy from the printer's scanner glass? Do you get the same type of delay? Copying Documents or Photos.

In the meantime, let's try disabling IPv6 on the printer to make sure IPv4 is used by your printer and router on your network.

• If your printer has a control panel with a display, find the IPv6 setting from the Advanced network settings menu, and set it to Off orDisabled.

• If your printer does not have a display, use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to turn off IPv6.

1. From a computer connected to your network, type the IP address for your printer into the URL field of your Internet browser.

NOTE:

If the webpage appears blank, try a different Internet browser.

2. Click the Network or Networking tab, and then open the section or page for your network type: wired or wireless.

3. Select Enable IPv4 only (or similar).

Figure : Example of setting IPv4

Embedded Web Server on Network page with Enable IPv4 only selected
    4. Click Apply, and then wait until the changes are confirmed.

5. Try printing again.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

There were no delays when copying something from the glass.

When I turned off IPv6 on the printer, rebooted the printer and rebooted my laptop, the delays seem to be gone.  I think that was the problem.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.