Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My 6700 all-in-one appears to have a fatal printhead error.  It looks like I will have to replace my printer.  But I have TONS of 932xl/933xl cartridges.  Since I cannot fine another 6700 printer, is there another inkjet printer model that uses these same cartridges?

Thanks for any help.

Jeanne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Ink Cartridge Compatibility Matrix

https://www.suppliesnetwork.com/master/HP_CrossReferenceGuide.pdf

HP Recommended

The link you sent is no longer available. I clicked on it and it said "oops". Is there another way I can find other printers that use the 932/933 cartridges.  Thanks for your help.\,

Jeanne

HP Recommended

Sorry, you are right and I can't find a new one either.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Had the same issue recently on our 6700 - printhead die after a couple of years. I know it's a pretty affordable printer but we also stocked up on the pricey 932/933 ink cartridges. All compatible models to that ink from that pdf are just from the same range of printers, they all went out of production ages ago and hard to find and not recommended to buy by forums around the world.

For us it unfortunately means we have to buy a different kind of printer altogether.

If HP made their ink cartridges more com[atible across their own line of printers, we'd be delighted - but I imagine there's a financial reason for not doing so (and not so much a technical one). In this case, HP lost a tiny customer which I imagine doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things to them.

End result: Will buy new non-HP printer where there is better ink compatibility.

HP Recommended

I am totally with you.  It is infuriating to have a lightly used printer that is out of warranty, and upon replacement of an ink cartridge completely fails and is unfixable.  I have brand new ink that will be wasted and cost $70.  I will NEVER buy HP again.  They won't provide a phone number if you are out of warranty.

HP Recommended

I also have had the same issue with my 7612 Officejet. Printhead error, print head replaced as vast cost (2/3 of price of a new printer) and got it home and now it says ink system error, please reload original cartridges (check cartridges for leaks etc)

I always use HP originals. I have just bought new cartridges at 90 USD....I am very cross! It really isnt worth taking the printer back as its out of warranty. 

I have had this happen before when I moved countries and I should have learnt my lesson - twice bitten now...I won't be looking to buy another HP 

HP Recommended

@Lou-be71

Welcome to HP forums, I see that are getting issues with the cartridges on the printer.

I am.sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Lou-be71 wrote:

I also have had the same issue with my 7612 Officejet. Printhead error, print head replaced as vast cost (2/3 of price of a new printer) and got it home and now it says ink system error, please reload original cartridges (check cartridges for leaks etc)

I always use HP originals. I have just bought new cartridges at 90 USD....I am very cross! It really isnt worth taking the printer back as its out of warranty. 

I have had this happen before when I moved countries and I should have learnt my lesson - twice bitten now...I won't be looking to buy another HP 

Did you ever find a solution? I am facing the same issue. Failed ink system and a bunch of 932/933 ink stockpiled. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.