Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2623
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a brand new Deskjet2623  I was setting the Admin password and the password I set it to doesn't work.

If there is a way to reset to factory defaults? 

That would achieve the result I am after.

I have tried from the web browser the app it all takes me back to the same screen.

I also downloaded the    HPPSdr.exe app.

I opened a chat with support but they wouldn't help me since I am not in the USA.  They referred me to my local support which isn't open.

This isn't the wireless password.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cam99x, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Try updating the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Restoring the network defaults on the printer can help us resolve the issue-

1. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

2. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

If the issue persists, reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I downloaded the software and it reported the latest firmware is already installed and it wouldn't allow a re-install.

After putting the printer into setup mode it now no longer connects to the wireless network.

The Wireless light continually flashes but it won't make a connection

HP Recommended

@cam99x

Thanks for replying!

This requires remote assistance and I would recommend you reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Android app is reporting "unable to prepare printer"

Then it falls through into a ploop

On a Windows 10 PC, the "HP print and scan doctor" version 5.05 is unable to connect to the printer.

I have downloaded the Windows 10 app and it can't set up the printer ether 

I have restarted the printer and my modem as requested by your automated support assistant without a  successful connection.

I have also tried the WPS connection method from this page.

https://actiontecsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004951726-Advantages-Disadvantages-of-WPS-...

The printer is online and has the WiFI light flashing as it should when trying to connect.

Support in my region is not provided outside of business hours and this is a printer for home use.

i look forward to a solution

HP Recommended

I called tech support and after speaking with them for 45 minutes and

-reconfiguring my router to disable the 5GB bandwidth

-plugging in a USB cable

-downloading more software

-had them remote controlling my computer

I had to return the printer to the store where I brought it from for a refund.

They suggested I buy a Hp Officejet 5230

It has the following advantages

-interactive touch LCD on the front to read the status.  The  2623 has cryptic LED's

-RJ45 network port and a USB port.  I haven't used them yet but if the wireless doesn't work it will give it a try.  The  2623 has a USB port as well. 

I have brough the 5230 from HP tech support because they offered me a 20% discount.  I used this to add a 2 year extended warranty to the product.

If you want to get the extended warranty look up the part number for the warranty before you call them on the phone then quote them the number.  They couldn't find it without the part number when I spoke to them.   They only way to order the printer is to call them and use your credit card Master/Visa. 

The sales/Online order part of HP won't recognize the job/ticket number that Support quoted when I called the first time. So they couldn't give me the discount.

Support for home printers for Australia isn't available after business hours.

You must call them during business hours.  This is the same for online chat support.

If you are in America then the support is 24 hours. 

If your having the printer delivered and you wont be at home the courier will ONLY take it back to the depot.  Where you have to collect it.

I found this a surprise as the same courier company will leave other parcels at the post office for collection.

The new printer setup requires some patience and the phone app will give some responses that have to be completed on the printer.  Then you have to back out of the phone app because you can't proceed with the sequence. 

Hope that helps someone

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.