Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a deskjet 3755 printer and i am trying to get it on my network. I need to reset it back to factory defaults but i lost the administrator name and password for the EWS. I can print wireless to the printer by changing the wireless by connecting to the printer in wireless setting but that is very inconvenient. The reset to factory default is lock in the settings. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @AJWEBER-32536

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Let us try restoring the network settings to factory defaults that may help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried this many times and it doesn’t work.I need to set the printer back to factory default. But no one at HP seems to want to help me figure out what the user name and password for the EWS so I can use the factory reset that is locked unless I pay support $99.00. The printer isn’t worth that. I have purchased many HP products in my life time but no more.

HP Recommended

Hi @AJWEBER-32536

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The DeskJet 3755 EWS only supports a maximum 16 character password. EWS doesn't mention that when you are creating/saving your password and mine was 20 characters long (autogenerated by a program). Luckily I was able to delete the last four digits of my previously saved 20 character long password and the revised 16 character long password worked. 

Just mentioning this in case you have similar circumstances. Otherwise, according to HP Support, you'll have to exchange the printer for a new printer. Good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.