Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

MG7720 PGBK stopped printing. NOT the cartridge.

HP Recommended
Pixma MG7720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two (2) Pixma MG7720 printers.   One of them stopped printing black, specifically, PGBK.  Diagnostics said cartridge was half-full.  Went through several cleaning cycles and finally installed a new genuine HP cartridge.  Did not fix the issue.  Still no PGBK.   Pulled the working cartridge from my other MG7720 and inserted the original, half-full non-working cartridge into my other printer.  WORKED FINE!  Brought previously working cartridge from my other printer down and installed it into the errant printer.  DIDN'T WORK!  Both printers display the appropriate "Genuine cartridge detected" message.  Both printer accurately display cartridge ink levels.  One works.  The other doesnt.    So this is not a printer cartridge issue, it is a printer issue.  Printer firmware version 2.010 on both printers.     Cleaning and test printing routines run directly from the printer console, so this is not a computer driver issue.    Happy to work with somebody on this but please do not start by telling me to try another cartridge.  I have tried 4 now.  

Thanks!  PGBK issue with 1 of 2 printersPGBK issue with 1 of 2 printers

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 2
Level 2
11 11 1 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Hodgepodgerama

From the product information, this appears to be a Canon device.  Devices and inks are not fully compatible between companies, so you may need to use a Canon supply and address Canon's help for device issues.

Your troubleshooting sounds to be on the right path.  Unfortunately, since this is not an HP device I cannot give advice on how to potentially address your issue.  It sounds like you might have a section of the printbar out, which may require a higher level cleaning.

In the multiple cartridges that you have used, have you used any Canon supplies? 

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation