Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have a PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. This machine has two local accounts configured, one for me and one for my wife. I recently purchased an HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 which I'm really happy with on the whole exept I have this one issue which is doing my head in. The printer is connected to the wired LAN.

When I am logged into my account, I can print anything I want from any program, no problem. When I am logged into my wife's account, MSWord and Wordpad refuse to print anything although I am able to print from Notepad and PDFs. If I have the print queue window open when I try to print, I can see the job flash up but it disappears straight away and the printer does nothing.

This is infuriating and I would be grateful to anybody who may be able to throw some light onto this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, from your wife's acct. right click on MS Word icon and click run as admin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, from your wife's acct. right click on MS Word icon and click run as admin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

@8lives Many thanks, this did the trick.

Not HP related I know, but my next problem was why my wife would need to open Word with admin privileges to be able to print. After some Googling I found that there was a permission problem with her \AppData\Local\Temp folder - in short, her account had no privileges set on the folder whatsoever. Now that I have given her account full control of the Temp folder she can print and no longer needs to open Word with admin rights.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.