Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET 1510

HI GUYS

my printer doesnt want to print any documents

i went on youtube, tried hundreds of different videos of what to do if its not working, reset the computer, the internet, the printer, i reinstalled the new software, i need urgently to print some documents and the customer service is closed today, can someone help me please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @amigew – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I’d like to help you with the printer issue!

I do understand that you are having trouble printing with your Deskjet printer. To assist you with this issue, I need to know the following details:

1. What is the operating system on your PC?
  2. Can you make a copy using the printer? Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the printer can make a copy, then the issue is with the printer drivers on the PC the USB cable is unplugged. You may need to reinstall the drivers to get the issue fixed. If the copy fails, then the issue is with the printer hardware. Try to unplug and re-plug the printer from the power.

Assuming you are using a Windows PC, let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @amigew – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I’d like to help you with the printer issue!

I do understand that you are having trouble printing with your Deskjet printer. To assist you with this issue, I need to know the following details:

1. What is the operating system on your PC?
  2. Can you make a copy using the printer? Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

If the printer can make a copy, then the issue is with the printer drivers on the PC the USB cable is unplugged. You may need to reinstall the drivers to get the issue fixed. If the copy fails, then the issue is with the printer hardware. Try to unplug and re-plug the printer from the power.

Assuming you are using a Windows PC, let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

thank you ever so much, is working now!

thank you thank you thank you for  your fast response and for your help:-))))))))))))))))))))

HP Recommended

Hello, @amigew

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My printer has never had trouble before but will not print.  Last night it printed one document fine.. kinda lightly but readable.  Then when I tried to print another document it prints nothing.  It goes through the whole process it sounds like its printing but nothing is on the paper.  When I look at the ink it says it has ink.

I don't know what could be wrong?  Do I just need new ink or a new printer?

HP Recommended

Hello, @Classelady35

Thanks for reaching out!

It could be an issue with the printer cartridge. Please try the steps listed here: http://hp.care/2piKfXk 

Make sure to clean the print cartridges as suggested in the document.

If the issue persists, then try using an alternate cartridge to try and fix the issue.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

the priinter doesnt take the paper at all, that means copying and printing is not working , it just makes noise and then the paper goes in a little bit and stops, im using windows 8

HP Recommended
Hi guys how are you ?

My printer won't print i've tried everything , and still nothing is printing, i've run the hp scan doctor ,and it says scanned error detected , i tried to make a copy using the printer and the paper ligth started blinking , so i thought maybe that there's paper jammed , but there's none ,i'm really running out of options , you guys are my last hope please
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.