01-28-2020 11:50 AM
My printer will not pull paper. I have tried clearing paper jams...there were none. I also tried to clean the "rollers" by the paper tray and I cannot get my hand in there to do that!
01-30-2020 01:26 PM
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue
Please perform the following steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Also ensure the printer Firmware is up to date. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
You can also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04678145 to help you check for Paper Jams and Clean the rollers
Keep me posted how it goes
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee