Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet GT 5820

Hello, I brought a new HP Deskjet GT 5820 printer, test page I printed is not showing the Magenta color, all color inktanks have been filled to optimum levels, tried using HP Print & Scan doctor to test the issue with printer but in vain it shows no problems, can somebody help to resolve the issue in getting the Magenta color printed. Attached are test prints for reference.

Thank YouIMG_20180617_010603.jpgIMG_20180617_010737.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Have you tried follow HP support doc troubleshooting steps https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04912978.

Alternatively you can try to create a full magenta color page to printer 3 full pages, trying to recover the magenta print head, to check if that recover. It may consume like some but negligible to the ink you have.

Hope this help. 

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
HP Recommended

Amazing tip. Saved me 1500rs/30$ 

Thank you so much. 

@archilles23 wrote:

Hi, 

Have you tried follow HP support doc troubleshooting steps https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c04912978.

Alternatively you can try to create a full magenta color page to printer 3 full pages, trying to recover the magenta print head, to check if that recover. It may consume like some but negligible to the ink you have.

Hope this help. 

HP Recommended

@Daewoo31 thank you for using HP support forum and glad that it help you resolve your issue and able to start printing. happy printing...

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.