02-18-2020 01:01 PM
Magenta light blinks = User Intervention = no printing.
Virtual assistant guidance and user manual instructions did NOT solve the problem.
I only print B/W when printer works.
02-20-2020 01:32 PM
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Do you have adequate amount of ink left in all the cartridges?
Please try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and clean the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
Try printing a Quality Diagnostic Page and let me know if Magenta is printing
If the issue persists try cleaning the Printhead manually. you can refer to Step 4 in the Document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04771186
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee