Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

- Factory Reset by the special procedure (semi-full reset) did not reset ALL values. So most of the private information are kept in the printer. Well, it is e semi-full reset.

- Also tried the system restore option from touchscreen at the printer and reset to factory defaults.  This cleared the settings.

- The problem still persists: Internal System Error when I try to connect to "Network -> Advanced Settings -> Management Protocol"

How can I do a FULL reset or get to these settings of the printer?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @BLzNFuN

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

There are only 2 resets available on the printer. A partial reset and a semi-full reset. Semi-full reset is the highest form of reset that can be performed on this printer.

Semi-full reset deletes all the data on the printer and gives you a OOB experience.

Performing a reset to factory defaults, deletes all the user settings on the printer.

Are you trying to connect the printer to a network?

Try disabling IPv6 on the printer

Go to Network setup > Advanced > IPv6 > Off

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It doesn't matter if IPV6 is off or on; I still get the same error.  I currently have IPV6 enabled with DHCPv6 and DHCPv4 off.  I've done a semi-full reset, a partial reset and a network reset.  Nothing solves this error.  I've tried the "refresh your browser 3-5 times" and that doesn't work either; I've tried it on all the major browsers as well.

What's specifically in those settings?  (Network > Advanced Settings > Management Protocol)

Seems this happened after a firmware update.  Any chance you can throw this back at your IT development team for future firmware upgrades to solve this issue?  I've seen several posts in my searches related to this exact problem.

HP Recommended

@BLzNFuN

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, my manufacturers warranty has expired.  HP support will be unable to help me.

What's accessed in those settings? Network > Advanced Settings > Management Protocol

If I don't need them based on what's there, I'll just ignore the error.  The printer works fine otherwise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.