Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi all,

My HP PageWide Pro 477dw is printing with one line of the margin being cut off, but only for the black color. This is not related to the computer printing it as we tested it with Windows and various Mac operating systems.

See below the test prints after running

Clean Printhead Level 1
Clean Printhead Level 2
Align Printhead 

But am still getting one margin of just black not being printed. As you can see colors are totally fine? Its just black being cut. Does anyone have any ideas? 
IMG_3681.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same problem here.  Here are some Samples:

477dwprintsample.png477dwprintsample2.png

HP Recommended

They removed my sample pic.  Here it is again:477dwprintsample1.jpg

HP Recommended

Just added info:

My printer is having this issue on both sides. 

To further confirm just the black is having this issue, I change the color of a previously cutoff document from black to blue and it printed normally.

HP Recommended

So after contacting support they wouldn't help until I installed HP Genuine Cartridges.  I bought some, same problem.  I then proceeded to spam printer head cleaning 1 and 2 and I saw some improvement.  After running them several times along with the color density maintenance it now appears to be working ok!  I guess I should have tried this with the 3rd party ink to see if it would yield the same results.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HP Recommended

Very useful info!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.