Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have same question as many many many  other uses in the HP community seems to have - but also around Brother printers!!!

What the heck does it mean? Is it related to inkjet levels? The computer? The printer? The software?

Many users have tried to deal with it. No substantial explanation from any printer manuafacturer is to be found on the net. Why not?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@pelle

Welcome to HP support community.

Where do you get this error?

Could you please send a screenshot of the error for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Have been on the phone with HP several times with no luck.  the last guy a few minutes ago said I need to change the ink.  I did.

this is SO frustrating!

please help!

thanks!

HP Recommended

@7023

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Could you please send a screenshot of the error for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm afraid I don't know how to do a screenshot--but in the printer cue it says "marker supply low".  So if I click on "resume printing" and it defaults to that.

I was told today that because I have the newest version of MacBook Air, Catalina,  it doesn't work as well with this printer-apparently other people have had trouble.

Printer product # is M9L66A

Serial # is **Bleep**

HP Recommended

hi 7023,

Interesting with the info on Mac OS Catalina as one reason for the message popping up. I’m also on Catalina. 

So you got the info from HP ? 

However in other user treads the message about the “low market” has shown on other systems. 

The message has gone for now on my computer, but I still wonders what’s the meaning is! 

HP Recommended

After working with Apple on the phone, the "marker supply low" has finally disappeared.

However, now it says "Encryption credentials have expired" !!  Need more help!

HP Recommended

Hi if you google "Encryption credentials have expired" there is an accepted solution from a HP employee that seems to work. 

I have tried to copy the link in below here. That solution seem to have worked for others. I have never experienced that error message. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Encryption-Credentials-Have-Expired/m-p/7...

It would still be great if HP provided a list of known error messages and their meaning..... Have great day.

HP Recommended

Here is a screenshot. I use MacOS Catalina 10.15 and have an OfficeJet 8600.

I send my Word file to the printer, and then the filename disappeared from the window, indicating the print job was done... but it never printed. I unplugged the printer, plugged it in again, and the file printed. When I tried to print a second time, I got the same Marker Supply Low message, and the file did not print. Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 12.04.47 PM.png

HP Recommended

Hi, nobody from HP has ever addressed the meaning of "Marker supply low" . What marker? Do they mean "ink" low? Why don't the printer report that?

Sorry for this, but I assume you have checked the level of all your inks? 

Another thing, that worked for me in the past with an older model (HP Inkjet 8000) was to take each inkjet cartridge out from the printer and move it a little up and down in the air. Sometimes the ink in these cartridges get stuck or dry out. Also cleaning the part on the ink cartridges that actually dellivers the ink to the print head can sometimes help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.