Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C8180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The paper guide assembly, 3 small separate pieces of plastic, on the left hand side (when looking at the rear of the printer), just below the rubber rollers has come loose. I need to refit the bits, but can't work out how to remove the paper cartridge or get access to the behind the paper cartridge. Is there a drawing or assembly guide available to assist me in taking this printer apart?

There are not many local retailers who can repair it for me, and the only local one who can, will charge me pretty much what a new printer would cost! I've just recently bought £50.00 worth of ink for the printer so don't want to just scrap it and buy a new one for very obvious reasons. Can anyone help please?

Parts that have popped off.Parts that have popped off.Side they're missing from.Side they're missing from.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Neils417

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer, they should be able to help. 

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

The problem with reaching out to Customer Support is that they want to charge me £17.00 GBP, upfront, for simply for asking a question!

I'm sure my issue is such that someone at HP could not talk me through dismantling the machine whilst on the telephone, I can't see that that would be very practical. I really need a drawing of the assembly, and step by step instructions maybe,  so I can work out how to take the printer apart to refit three small plastic pieces.

I appreciate that it would be at my risk, but my only other alternative is to consign the printer to the garbage, since having a professional repair it, would cost more than a new printer.

I think I will probably have to go down the new printer route but it does put me off buying a new Hewlett Packard.

Are there any alternatives or options open to me?

HP Recommended

@Neils417

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.