Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c0rnfed
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mediacom replaced modem and external router with Hitron, now Deskjet 3050 can't connect via wireless

Deskjet 3050 610a

Tried reinstalling from two different computers, both get to the connecting printer to wireless network then eventually error out:  Your printer failed to join the wireless network.  Have rebooted the modem/router and printer, still just get blue light flashing on the wireless indicator on the printer.

Used to have the printer hooked up via an Amped wireless, but that started having problems so Mediacom (Internet/cable provider) replaced the modem with a Hitron 2559 that has a built-in wireless router.  They set the SSID and password the same as my old one.  Most devices connected normally, some needed the network to be reset or rediscovered.  This printer just won't connect to the wireless network.  BTW, they are sitting physically right next to each other.

I contacted Mediacom to see if there was some wireless setting in the router preventing the printer from connecting (I no longer have access to an Admin screen with this modem), but they weren't aware of any outstanding issues.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mediacom replaced modem and external router with Hitron, now Deskjet 3050 can't connect via wireless

@c0rnfed

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer does not connect to wireless,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

What is the operating system on the PC?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Restore network defaults:

1. Press Wireless Button 

2. Go to settings and select defaults 

Once completed, connect the printer to network following steps from the link:  Click here

Let me know how this goes,

Have a great day 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
c0rnfed
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Flower_Bud, thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried install/configuring the printer from Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines.  One is wireless connected, the other is hardwired.  Both have same results.  I have tried the defaults selection, no help.  And the WPS button, no effect.  And, I've tried the other troubleshooting steps that I can find.  Anything else?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@c0rnfed

Thanks for responding, 

It's great to have you back 🙂

Ensure you're connecting your printer to the 2.4Ghz network and not to 5Ghz.

If the issue persists, let's perform a reset: 

I'm sending out a Private message with the reset instructions,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,216 5,204 268 362
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@c0rnfed

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

In that case, let's try these steps to resolve the issue by connecting to wireless by Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

Keep me posted,

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
c0rnfed
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get "Your printer failed to join the network".  I click next and the hit the button to submit Error report to HP.  I get the directions to download and install the Troubleshooting tool.  Ran it, shows  on the HP network configurtion page: network status: Offline Active Connection type: None; Wireless (802.11) Status: Disconnected.

Then a Wireless Test Report with PASS until No Filtering:  FAIL and Connected: Not Run

At this point it tries to connect to the router admin page, but Mediacom has this blocked/redirected.  The instruction say to look for MAC address filtering and turn it off.

I've called Mediacom and they think its a printer issue.  I tried to ask about MAC filtering but they weren't getting it.  

What's next?

0 Kudos
chiveley
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know this is a long shot, but having the same issue with a new printer and our mediacom internet.  Did anyone ever get this resolved?  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation