cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Message 'There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn off/on again. If persists contact H

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520

Could someone please assist.  Printer was working well.  It showed a message low ink, when I ran off a status report there was still ink showing in all the "Estimated Ink Level" boxes, so I haven't changed the black yet.  However I suddenly got a new message when I requested another print which said "There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn the printer off and on again.  If the problem persists, contact HP".  I turned it off and on again several times but no joy and as I have never had this message before I assume it has nothing to do with the ink level. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,037
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Motherbird

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you are getting an error there is a problem with the printer or ink system on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Follow these steps to reset the printing mechanism.
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot ink system errors.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot 0x errors on your printer.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MrRobot Thank you for your suggestion, it was kind of you to reply.  Unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem, so I think it is terminal!  I managed to get hold of HP tech support and they told me how to remove the printer cartridge carrier, but it wouldn't budge, so I guess it's time for a new printer.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,299 2,037
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Motherbird, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

It certainly looks to be a hardware issue with the printer, Please get the printer replaced.

Hope you have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your advice to @motherbird. I needed to follow up the article you referred to (switching off and on again was not necessary - it had been tried a number of times) and followed the steps. At the end (having reinstalled the printhead the full three times) I was checking the price of a new printhead (about £150) when I thought that I would check again for leaks (my hands were tinged blue ...) No particular sign, still, but I had an old blue awaiting recycling; popped it in and everythying worked (bar saying that blue was empty). I could now see that the bluespace in the printhead was rather shiny and only then saw that the original blue was a bit drippy. Fitted new blue - printer now works. I can't really think of improving the wording of the article, beyond suggesting having a good look down the cartridge spaces "to compare with each other for shininess / leaking" and also giving removed cartridges a bit of time to show their true colours(!). The article was helpful, though. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation