Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050
Microsoft Windows XP
I have a Deskjet 3050 in mfg mode on the screen with none of the buttons being responsive. Can someone help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP forums!

I see you have a Deskjet 3050 that is stuck in MFG mode and the front panel seems to be unresponsive. I will do my best to assist you.

Normally, I would suggest that you try to restore the printer to it's defaults, but because the buttons are unresponsive I am going to send you instructions for a reset. I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages  this post, has instructions.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP forums!

I see you have a Deskjet 3050 that is stuck in MFG mode and the front panel seems to be unresponsive. I will do my best to assist you.

Normally, I would suggest that you try to restore the printer to it's defaults, but because the buttons are unresponsive I am going to send you instructions for a reset. I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages  this post, has instructions.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same problem with my Office Jet 3831.

Can I get a solution?

Thanks

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.