Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The September 2019 Patch Tuesday updates did not cause any printer problems for me.  It began immediately after installing KB4517211.   As I previously wrote, I did not need to do a System Restore.  I was able to uninstalling KB4517211 and later KB4524147.  

Note: I have a Windows 7 laptop.  On October 03, 2019 I installed KB4524157 and the printer is still working.  I have not had any printer issues with my Windows 7 machine.   It's the same printer I use for my Windows 10 machine.

HP Recommended

To let you know, Microsoft has released further Windows Update to resolve this issue earlier today, installing the latest Windows Updates should resolve the problem.

Spoiler

Applications and printer drivers that leverage the Windows Javascript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs might experience one or more of the following symptoms:

• Applications interacting with the V4 printer driver might close or error when printing. Issues might only be encountered when printing but might also be encountered at any time the app is running, depending on when the app interacts with the print driver.
  • The printer spooler service (spoolsv.exe) might close or error in jscript.dll with exception code 0xc0000005 causing the print jobs to stop processing. Only part of the print job might print and the rest might be canceled or error.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am the original poster of this thread. To confirm what ShlomiL posted, KB4517389 fixes the printer spooler service issue. I am able to print (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210).     

Thank you to all that responded to my post.  

Regards, 

Jay

HP Recommended

you're welcome Jay1958.

Guess the 4th time is a charm from Microsoft since they previously released a bunch of bad updates these past few weeks (9/23, 9/24, 9/26 & 10/3) but the newly released security updates this Tuesday Oct. 8 seemed to have finally resolved the printing problems for all supported Windows versions beside the 1903 version of Win10. 😀

HP Recommended

Many thanks, Jay, for staying on top of this particular issue. I too, installed KB4517389, and am able to print once again (HP OfficeJet Pro 8210). I also printed various file types to make sure the printer was performing correctly, and it was.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

David 

HP Recommended

You're welcome David and thank you for your postings.  Like you, I printed various file types just to make sure everything was working correctly. 

Best wishes, 

Jay

HP Recommended

FYI... KB4517389 has not solve the problem for me.  Still searching for a solution.

HP Recommended

You might consider posting your issue to Microsoft.  Press the Windows key and F key simultaneously.  You can then "Add New Feedback." 

HP Recommended

Glad its working for some people.  It's not working for me.  Installed the KB4517389 update on Windows 10 (1903 build) on an HP h8-1360t computer system.  No joy.   My HP 8210 printer is still bricked (just bought it like a week ago too).  Communicates fine but still doesn't print.  Print spool still gets hung up.  Uninstall, reinstall...nothing.  Remove drivers...all the stuff that HP tells you to do.  My other printer (HP M148dw) works fine, but it always did.  As far as I am concerned, this problem is by no means solved.  But now that a few people are saying the last update worked for them, HP is going to conclude this as fixed and Microsoft will too.  Maybe I can start a new thread for those of us left behind?

HP Recommended

In addition to providing feedback to Microsoft (see my prior post), you may want to post in Microsoft Community and in the forums of Ask Woody (www.askwoody.com).  These are the places I began threads when the printer spooling issue first appeared for me.  

I wish you the best in resolving the issue with your printers.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.