Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630, and Deskjet 3636

Brand-new printer, 3630, which worked fine.  Changed the cartridges, and afterwards the printing jumped over about 1 cm to the left.  This means anything without a left margin, or a picture,  prints so there is no white paper at all down the left edge.  The print preview on the computer looks fine.

It must be something to do with the printer settings, because

(a) there is no problem printing to a different printer from the same computer, and

(b) the same problem exists when printing from a different computer to this printer. 

We thought there must be an error in the paper feed, so took it back to the shop.  They gave us another one, this time a 3636.  Brand new printer, but we have the same problem.

Had a quick look through the computer registry, but could find nothing amiss.  Have done several virus scans and malware scans, but nothing amiss. 

Anyone know why this is happening?  I am at a loss.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@godfrey638

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are printer is printing misaligned pages.

I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Aligning the ink cartridges is necessary to achieve the best print quality.

• After loading the paper, the printer automatically prints an alignment page, The printer only prints an alignment page automatically when new ink cartridges are installed.
  • Lift the scanner lid.
  • Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
  • Close the scanner lid.
  • Press the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the front panel of the printer. The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

Click here to refer the document and perform these steps.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@godfrey638

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are printer is printing misaligned pages.

I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Aligning the ink cartridges is necessary to achieve the best print quality.

• After loading the paper, the printer automatically prints an alignment page, The printer only prints an alignment page automatically when new ink cartridges are installed.
  • Lift the scanner lid.
  • Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
  • Close the scanner lid.
  • Press the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the front panel of the printer. The printer aligns the ink cartridges.

Click here to refer the document and perform these steps.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having problems printing. I've tried to print an alignment page, cleaned the cartridges but nothing is making any difference. Can anyone help? 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.