01-09-2017 08:52 AM
Brand-new printer, 3630, which worked fine. Changed the cartridges, and afterwards the printing jumped over about 1 cm to the left. This means anything without a left margin, or a picture, prints so there is no white paper at all down the left edge. The print preview on the computer looks fine.
It must be something to do with the printer settings, because
(a) there is no problem printing to a different printer from the same computer, and
(b) the same problem exists when printing from a different computer to this printer.
We thought there must be an error in the paper feed, so took it back to the shop. They gave us another one, this time a 3636. Brand new printer, but we have the same problem.
Had a quick look through the computer registry, but could find nothing amiss. Have done several virus scans and malware scans, but nothing amiss.
Anyone know why this is happening? I am at a loss.....
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-10-2017 10:34 AM
This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are printer is printing misaligned pages.
I would like to help you resolve this issue.
Aligning the ink cartridges is necessary to achieve the best print quality.
- After loading the paper, the printer automatically prints an alignment page, The printer only prints an alignment page automatically when new ink cartridges are installed.
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press the Start Copy Black button or the Start Copy Color button on the front panel of the printer. The printer aligns the ink cartridges.
Click here to refer the document and perform these steps.
If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,
Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".
Let me know how you make out.
I am an HP Employee
12-23-2019 10:03 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!