Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 4535
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i try duplex printing, the 1st side prints as is shown on the PC screen, but the 2nd side alignment is altered. It prints 1-2 lines below the actual alignment on screen. how do i correct this? Right-left alignment and alignment on i sided printing is fine. 

alignment on laptop

alignment on laptopalignment on laptop

1st side printed as per alignment on laptop

1st side1st side

2nd side print starts at a lower level

2nd side2nd side 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Itachih95, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you tried printing from a different application like Adobe(PDF files) and check if the issue persists?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue: 

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Align the printer

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Tools > Align printer

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran the print and scan doctor, which led me to update some softwares. Then i restarted my laptop to finish the update. But after restarting I am not able to print anything. It says "Error printing on HP Deskjet 4550 series" or "Printer in error state". I unplugged the printer, restarted it, stiil says the same. I tried aligning the cartridges. It was able to print the alignment page. Then I ran the print doctor again, it said there were some printing errors that were fixed. Then i ordered a Test print from the print doctor, that also could not be printed.

My laptop and printer are connected to the same funtioning wifi. My laptop recogonises the printer, even says printer is ready before i begin printing. There is no problem in scanning to laptop or making photocopies.

What do i do now? i had already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software with the CD provided with the printer, before the alignment problem started.

HP Recommended

@Itachih95, let us check if the hardware of the printer is working fine. Try these steps:

Make sure about the connectivity between these devices.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  • Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  • Go to tools > print test page

Also, print a test page from the printer control panel

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup ().

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am able to print from the printer EWS page as well as from the printer control panel.

HP Recommended

@Itachih95

If the test page is properly aligned, try reinstalling the HP printer driver

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Try printing.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I uninstalled all HP related files from programme and features and also removed the printer from device and printers, but I'm not abke to remove to remove the printer driver.

This is what it shows when i try.

IMG_20191129_224520.jpg

The printer is switched off. I don't know what it means by the printer driver is still in use. I have uninstalled all HP related programs.

HP Recommended

@Itachih95

Please try restarting the print spoolers -

1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I stopped the printer spool, restarted the laptop, then removed the printer drivers and again restarted the laptop. Then went to the link sent in one of the previous replies to download and install the printer softwares. i still am not able to print. Still says "Error printing on HP DJ 4530 series (network)" or "Printer in error state".
HP Recommended

@Itachih95

Have you tried making a standalone copy and check if that works?

If the printer is able to make a copy, check the network connectivity between the printer and the PC

You may run HP Print and Scan Doctor. Click here

Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.

This printer supports 2.4GHz only.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.