Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
C3180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am experiencing problem printing yellow. I have checked my HP software is upto date. Ordered (two) new ink cartridges from different suppliers, and still yellow is not printing. Blue, Red and black are printing fine but yellow missing from any test page, meaning any colour output looks wrong. 

Have followed steps from help series https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00662826, however the link below "Missing Colours" to https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c00664014#c00664014_doc in order to contiue troubleshooting generates a Error 404 page

The online automated chat assistant is rubbish, can anyone help what the next steps are in troubleshooting, or time to buy a new printer?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @RF123456789

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Are you using genuine HP ink cartridges?

You may refill your cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges, but you may run into problems. HP will not guarantee the functionality of those ink cartridges.

Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Also, perform the steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, always using genuine HP cartridges.

I dont understand what you are asking me to do on a "standalone copy in colour" (which part of that webpage did you want me to follow instructions on?) 

I have already followed all steps on https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-c3100-all-in-one-printer-series/1146511/model/114... as per per my original post, and have printed the self-test report, as using Cancel + Start/Copy Colour

Please note the link to If your diagnostic page shows smeared ink, click here to continue troubleshooting.continues to generate a Error 404 page. 

I have also tried to do a colour photocopy which has not worked

HP Recommended

@RF123456789, thank you for the response.

As mentioned in my previous post, by making a standalone copy, we can isolate the issue. If the printer is not able to make a copy and you have tried the steps mentioned in the HP document and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please clarify what you mean by making a standalone colour copy. The web page you linked to I couldn’t find the instructions. Please direct me to the correct part of the instructions. Thanks 

HP Recommended

@RF123456789

A standalone copy and a photocopy are the same. You have mentioned that you have already tried this and the issue persists. Refer to this document to know how to make a copy. This was also linked in my first post.

For the troubleshooting part, you have mentioned in your previous post that you have tried these steps and it did not help. It is the same document. There are no other troubleshooting steps that can be performed.

Kindly contact HP Support team as this could be a possible hardware issue.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.