Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have that message showing on my printer. I have tried all the problem solving on the HP web site and even tried to dip the print head in the water for 10 minutes as suggested on another post without any success. It is only 14 month after I bought the printer  (out of warranty) and only about 10 months since we used the printer (the 1st 4 months we were using our old printer to use up the ink).

It seems to be a common problem with the print head from the posting that I have seen so far. Is HP making inferior product now? It used to be that the print head is on the ink cartridges and now it has a separate print head that I can't even see where to buy the replacement if the price is reasonable.

Very disappointed with HP

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello ekaryadi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I am sorry to hear that the HP Photosmart 7525 is giving you such a hard time. It is a shame when a printer has issues such as this, so soon after end or warranty date.

Normally I would offer this HP document: 'Missing or Failed Printhead' Message Displays on the Control Panel, but it seems you have done all of those steps.

You could look at the HP Parts Store for the printhead, search by part number CN642a.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Just over 12 months and ink head failure message. Tried cleaning. Still get same error! Parts store has a new cn625a...great it is $75! This is my last hp product! I will return to cannon. General home use, probably spent +$350 on cartridges only to have this happen. I am not going to spend $75 and not be assured it will fix problem....it is a real shame to send this unit to the landfill!
HP Recommended
I share your frustration! Can't believe my option is to buy another new printer!
HP Recommended

We had the same printhead problem and still trying to resolve. Ordered the $80 repair part that should be under warranty. Very disappointed in HP.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem.  I ordered a new print head from HP and mr printer gives the same error for it too.  It could be the printer itself of either I got a "bad" replacement.  I can find no easy way to contact HP or their "store" about the print head.  I will be running over this piece of junk printer with my car and going back to Canon.  It's a real shame that HP has gotten so big that it ignores it customers by hiding behind a "closed loop" of links to avoid us.

rmille37

HP Recommended

Hi @rmille37,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.