babine65
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Missing or failed printhead

Hello there,

Hp photosmart 7525 printer

Error message: "The printhead appears to be missing , not detected, or incorrectly installed"

This error message showed up right after changing all cartridges to new HP genuine ones.

Steps taken:

Cleaned the printhead as instructed by HP website but unfortunately it does not show any sign of returning back to its normal state.

Any assistance greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,072 10,075 895 1,071
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @babine65

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please try these steps - HP Printers - Printhead Errors

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
babine65
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Asmita for your assistance. I have cleaned the printhead and connected the printer via cable to the computer but the issue didn't get resolved. The firmware is up to date. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation